Improve Your Chances of Admission
If you apply and are not accepted to the ADN program on your initial attempt, please contact the department of nursing for further guidance.
If you are currently a high school student:
- Choose science courses such as biology, anatomy & physiology, and chemistry. GRADES MATTER.
- Choose at least one algebra course.
- Take the ACT early, and plan to re-take if you would like to improve your score.
- Talk to a nurse about their work and educational path.
- Talk to your guidance counselor about the profession of nursing and educational requirements.
- Investigate opportunities to take college level classes while you are still in high school.
If you are currently a college student:
- Take the following courses first: BIOL 1130, BIOL 1131, BIOL 3750 & CHEM 1121.
- Take as many of the non-nursing courses listed in the program of study as possible.
- Remember; GRADES MATTER!