Reconciling your monthly PCard statement is easy. Just follow the steps, listed below.
Cardholders are encouraged to review their transactions throughout the month, as soon as they are posted to your BearTrax Expense module (Steps 3 through 11, below).
Step-by-Step Instructions for Reviewing Transactions and Reconciling Statements
- Go to shawnee.edu/bear-trax, log in, select ME, select EXPENSES. (There’s an online video instruction.)
- If you made a transaction and it posted, it will appear on the Travel and Expenses screen. If there are no transactions showing, you did not use your PCard prior to the posting date, and you may stop here. If transactions are showing, please continue.
- If you have any transactions, Create a Report (usually by month). Save and close.
- Select all transactions that go in the month you just created. Click Actions, down arrow, Add to Report, Select the proper report. Save.
- To select a transaction, click on the date (it’s blue).
- On the transaction screen, compare the details to your itemized receipt (hard copy). Is the dollar amount correct? Were you charged tax? If the amount is incorrect or you were charged tax, you need to speak with the vendor about issuing a credit. In the meantime, continue reviewing this transaction. It will be paid this month, regardless; a credit should show up in your account next month.
- Look at *Type to be sure the type is correct. (Note: PCard selections begin with PCARD, and Travel selections don’t have a prefix.)
- Fill in *Description. What did you buy and why did you buy it? Be specific. Remember, travel purchases (all transactions charged to the object code 62101 series) require explanations that include Who, What, Where, When and Why.
- Review the Account number to be sure it’s correct.
- Attachment. Attach a copy of the receipt. (If a receipt is not available, you must complete a Missing Receipt Affidavit, have it approved, and attach it in place of the receipt.)
- When you have finished reviewing this transaction, Save and Close. This will take you back to your expense report page.
- Repeat steps 5-11 until all transactions have been reviewed and the red circles are gone.
- You may log off now, but your report won’t be submitted yet.
- To submit your report, make sure all transactions are complete, click the tiny box that says “I have read and accept the corporate travel and expense policies”. Click Submit.
- A statement will come up with the report number and a print option. Print the report.
- Attach the report on top of all supporting documents (detailed receipts, packing slips, etc.) Note: It is recommended that you organize your documentation In the same order as your transactions are listed on your report.
Congratulations! You have successfully reviewed your transactions and reconciled your PCard.