We invite high achieving high school students to apply.
Currently enrolled in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade to be eligible for the SSU Summer Honors Institute, you must:
- Complete your freshman, sophomore, or junior year of high school by June 30, 2021 and not graduate before January 2022.
- Demonstrate strong academic ability in a challenging curriculum. Students typically have a high school grade point average of 3.5 or higher, have scored in the 95th percentile on a standardized assessment, or scored at least a 26 composite on the ACT (combined 1220 on the ACT).
- Meet Eligibility for Ohio College Credit Plus (CCP) participation.
How to apply:
- Submit College Credit Plus Application by March 15
- Email one letter of recommendation from a non-family member to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15
- Complete Letter of Intent (PDF) and turn in to your high school guidance counselor by April 1
- Complete Accuplacer Test (If you have not already completed placement testing) by April 1
$150 Weekend Residency Fee
Due by June 1, 2021 upon acceptance and to confirm your registration in the Summer Honors Institute. (Includes lodging and meals.)
Students will move in on Friday, June 25 from 3:00 - 4:00 P.M. Students should be picked up at 3:00 P.M. on Sunday, June 27.