We invite high achieving high school students to apply.
Currently enrolled in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade to be eligible for the SSU Summer Honors Institute, you must:
- Complete your freshman, sophomore, or junior year of high school by June 30, 2023 and not graduate before January 2024.
- Demonstrate strong academic ability in a challenging curriculum. Students typically have a high school grade point average of 3.5 or higher, have scored in the 95th percentile on a standardized assessment, or scored at least a 26 composite on the ACT (combined 1220 on the ACT).
- Meet Eligibility for Ohio College Credit Plus (CCP) participation.
How to apply:
- Submit College Credit Plus Application by March 15
- Complete Summer Honors Institute Application
- Email one letter of recommendation from a non-family member to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15
- Complete Letter of Intent (PDF) and turn in to your high school guidance counselor by April 1
- Complete Accuplacer Test (If you have not already completed placement testing) by April 1
$150 Weekend Residency Fee
Due by June 1 upon acceptance and to confirm your registration in the Summer Honors Institute. (Includes lodging and meals.)
Students will move in on Friday, June 11 from 3:00 - 4:00 P.M. Students should be picked up at 3:00 P.M. on Sunday, June 13.