The main campus wi-fi network is called Shawnee. Current employees and students have access to this resource using their active SSU Network Account.
Follow the steps below to connect your devices to the Shawnee Wi-Fi Network.
Please note that this is NOT the same Wi-Fi Network as the BearNet Student Housing Wi-Fi Network. If you are in Student Housing, please follow the directions for accessing the BearNet Student Housing Wi-Fi.
- Select the Shawnee network from the detected options in the Wi-Fi Settings on your mobile device.
- Select the option to Sign-in for Students and Staff.
- At the login prompt, enter your User Name for your SSU Network Account. DO NOT include the @Shawnee.edu or the @MyMail.Shawnee.edu portion of your email address. Enter your password for your SSU Network Account.
- Please wait while your network authentication is completed.
- Once you have been authenticated, you are ready to use the Wi-Fi Network.
- Your device will auto connect when detecting the Shawnee Wi-Fi Network for approximately 30 days.
- You will be prompted to login again every 30 days or when your password changes or expires.
- If you experience issues connecting with your mobile device, please bring your device to the IT Service Desk, located on the lower level of the Clark Memorial Library, for hands on support. Or submit an IT Service Form and a member of our team will contact you.