The College Credit Plus application season is now open for the 2021-22 school year. Please use this link to complete our new online application to participate in CCP at Shawnee State University. Your college journey starts here.
2021-22 Information Session Presentation
What is College Credit Plus?
Ohio’s College Credit Plus (CCP) program can help you earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses from community colleges or universities.
The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students in grades 7-12. With College Credit Plus, classes at public colleges or universities are free. That means no cost for tuition, books, or fees. If you choose to attend a private college or university, you may have limited costs.
Visit the Ohio Department of Higher Education website for more information and FAQs.
- College-ready students in grades 7-12 may earn college credits while still in school.
- Public school students can earn up to 30 college credit hours per year with the ability to earn a maximum 120 credits. (The number of credits per year non-public school students and home schooled students may earn is determined by the state based on available funding.)
- Students can attend public colleges and universities for free. There is no cost to the student for tuition, textbooks, or fees.
Do I qualify to take courses through College Credit Plus?
Students who reside in the state of Ohio and are in grades 7-12 may take coursework through the SSU CCP program if they meet the following conditions:
- The student has a GPA over 3.0.
- The student has an Accuplacer or ACT score that qualifies them in at least one subject area.
- The student signs a letter or intent for their high school.
- The student completes a CCP application for Shawnee State University.
Note: Non-Public and Homeschool students also need to apply for funding their courses through the State of Ohio’s MYOHIO ID portal.
How do I apply for College Credit Plus?
Please use this link to complete our new online application to participate in CCP at Shawnee State University.
See important dates below for more information.
Important Dates for 2021-22:
Shawnee State’s new online CCP application will be available to complete. May 1 is our final deadline for incoming students.
Attend an in-person or online CCP information session. If you cannot attend your school’s information session, you can watch a CCP information session provided by the Ohio Department of Education.
Accuplacer testing. Testing will be available and free for students who wish to participate in CCP.
Non-public and homeschooled students should apply for admission to the CCP program at Shawnee State University by this time.
A Letter of Intent to Participate in CCP for the 2021-22 school year needs to be submitted to your guidance counselor and filed with the State by this date.
Shawnee State University CCP Application needs to be completed online by this date.
Non-public and homeschooled students should apply for state awarded hours through the MYOHIO ID portal by this date.
May 3: College Credit Plus Orientation
This orientation is mandatory for students who are planning on taking CCP classes on campus for the first time: Register for May 3, 2021 at 6pm