Earn a Bachelor of Arts with Integrated Language Arts Teaching Licensure
This degree is designed for students who love literature and writing, and feel called to share this passion with others by entering the teaching profession.
What Makes This Major Unique:
- Our students consistently perform well on the required national pedagogical exams.
- Our program’s substantial field hours and rigorous curriculum have resulted in a 94% placement rate for our graduates.
- Close cooperation between the English and Humanities faculty and the School of Teacher Education results in strong content knowledge delivery and a solid tie with area master teachers.
- The program is guided by dedicated and knowledgeable faculty.
- Students in the program have an opportunity to join Sigma Tau Delta, the prestigious international English honor society.
B.A. in English and Humanities, Language Arts Adolescent to Young Adult Licensure (Grades 7-12)
SSU students spend 801 hours in the field (significantly more than most university candidates in Ohio) and complete a rigorous curriculum with program requirements that have resulted in a high placement rate. 94% of our graduates have found teaching positions.