Career Services serves undergraduate students, graduate students, and alums to provide guidance for choosing a major, exploring career paths, preparing professional documents, finding enriching career-related experiences, pursuing lives with purpose, and so much more! Career Services is easy to access and available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Schedule an in-person, virtual, email, or telephone appointment today.
The Career Services staff assists in the following areas:
- Major and Career Exploration (utilizing career assessments)
- Establishing and Implementing a Career Plan
- Professional Skill Building (Interviewing, Networking, and more)
- Internship, Job, and Graduate School Search
- Resume and Cover Letter Development
- Free Resume Printing Services
- Professional Headshots
- Creating and Reviewing Professional Profiles (e.g., LinkedIn)
- Comparing and Accepting Job Offers/Salary Negotiations
- Assistance with Professional Clothing
Find Jobs & Internships on Handshake!
As a Shawnee student, you already have an account on Handshake, our career platform, which will help you to find job and internship opportunities, set job alerts, network with employers and other college students, register for upcoming SSU career events, and make appointments with Career Services.
Recent Jobs & Internships on Handshake
Career Services Checklists
Today is a great day to start planning your career! Check out the 4-year and 2-year Career Services Checklists to guide you throughout your journey.
- 4-year Career Checklist (PDF)
- 2-year Career Checklist (PDF)
Contact Career Services
Phone: (740) 351-3027
Massie Hall, Room 124
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Monday-Friday: 9 am-5 pm
Drop-in Hours for Spring 2023:
Mondays and Tuesdays: 5:00–7:00 pm
Have suggestions to make Career Services better?
Leave suggestions on our Google Form.