Get preferential consideration to pharmacy school through our partnership with the Marshall University School of Pharmacy.
Through a memorandum of understanding with the Marshall University, you can receive preferential consideration to the Marshall University School of Pharmacy early in your education at Shawnee State. This agreement provides high-achieving students a more streamlined path to pharmacy school and peace of mind when it comes to the application process.
Students who successfully complete a series of courses will meet the Marshall University Pharm.D. degree’s prerequisite requirements and be preferentially considered for interview at the Marshall University School of Pharmacy.
|Requirement||Marshall University||Shawnee State University|
|Calculus||MTH 229 (5)||MATH 2110 (4)|
|Statistics||MTH 225 (3)||MATH 1500 or 2500 (3)|
|General Biology I||BSC 120 (4)||BIOL 1151 (4)|
|General Biology II||BSC 121 (4)||BIOL 1152 (4)|
|Human Anatomy||BSC 227 (4)||BIOL 3560 (4)|
|Human Physiology||BSC 228 (4)||BIOL 3561 (4)|
|Microbiology||BSC 250 (4)||BIOL 3750 (4)|
|General Chemistry I||CHM 211 (3)||CHEM 1141 (4)*|
|General Chemistry I Lab||CHM 217 (2)||—|
|General Chemistry II||CHM 212 (2)||CHEM 1142 (4)*|
|General Chemistry II Lab||CHM 218 (2)||—|
|Organic Chemistry I||CHM 355 (3)||CHEM 3305 (4)*|
|Organic Chemistry II||CHM 356 (3)||CHEM 3306 (4)*|
|Lab||CHM 361 (3)|
|Physics I||PHY 201 (3)||PHYS 2201 or 2211 (4)*|
|Lab||PHY 202 (1)|
|Physics II||PHY 203 (3)||PHYS 2202 or 2212 (4)*|
|Lab||PHY 204 (1)|
*Lecture & Lab are combined
How to Apply
Apply now for preferential consideration to the Marshall University School of Pharmacy.
Candidates will complete all required undergraduate courses at Shawnee State University (listed above) and transfer SSU credits earned to the Marshall University School of Pharmacy.
- Apply to Shawnee State University and be accepted into the SSU Pre-Pharmacy/Bachelor of Science in Chemistry track.
- Indicate an interest to pursue a Pharm.D. degree from Marshall University to the Shawnee State University Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences by December 1.
- Maintain a minimum grade of 3.4 at Shawnee State University for all required courses listed.
- Take the PCAT and earn a score greater than 60 prior to applying to Marshall University School of Pharmacy.
- Apply to the Marshall University School of Pharmacy through the online Pharmacy College Application Service at pharmcas.org by your senior year at Shawnee State University.
- Candidates will be interviewed on campus.