We invite high achieving high school students to apply.
Currently enrolled in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade to be eligible for the SSU Summer Honors Institute, you must:
Complete your freshman, sophomore, or junior year of high school by June 30, 2020 and not graduate before January 2021.
Demonstrate strong academic ability in a challenging curriculum. Students typically have a high school grade point average of 3.5 or higher, have scored in the 95th percentile on a standardized assessment, or scored at least a 26 composite on the ACT (combined 1220 on the ACT).
Meet Eligibility for Ohio College Credit Plus (CCP) participation.
Apply for the Summer Honors Institute – and complete a College Credit Plus application (PDF) – by April 1, 2020 for full consideration.
- Complete the Summer Honors Institute application by April 1, 2020.
- Complete the College Credit Plus application (PDF) by April 1, 2020.
- Have your high school counselor send your transcript, or record of aptitude test results (ACT, PSAT, SAT) by email to: email@example.com
*Scholarships are available for those who qualify.
- $50 Enrollment Fee* Due by May 1, 2020 to confirm your registration
- $950 Program Fee* (lunch included)
- $350 Housing Fee* for those who choose to live on campus (with breakfast and dinner included)