Each Shawnee State student receives access to several tools that require a username and password.
Today we will walk through logging in and setting up a password for each of these tools. If you have already accessed these accounts on your own, this is a good time to login to each one and make sure remember your username and password.
All of your accounts can be accessed from the Current Student Tab of the Shawnee State University website anytime you need them.
1. Shawnee Network Account
The first account you will want to setup is your Shawnee Network Account.
This account provides access to many things including MySSU, Blackboard, campus Wi-Fi, electronic library resources, on-campus computers, your financial aid portal, and the SSU App.
- Network Username: Your last name followed by your first name initial and @shawnee.edu (If your last name and first name initial are already in use by someone else at SSU you may have a number in your username.) You will receive this information from admissions after you are accepted.
- Network Password: Your initial password is the first three letters of your last name, all upper case, followed by your Student ID Number.
Name: Shawn E. Bear
It is very important that you complete the Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) Setup when you change your password. This will allow you to use the “Forgot Password” option later if you need it. Please do not skip this step.
Note: You must enable your account and change the initial password BEFORE you can use the account to log into any of the other resources like SSU Mobile App, MySSU, Financial Aid Portal.
You can setup your Network account by visiting portal.office.com. You will be prompted to change your password on first login.
2. @MyMail Email – Office365 Account
The next account you need to set up is your Shawnee @MyMail Email account.
For your email, SSU provides you with an Office 365 account. Office 365 is a Microsoft cloud account where you can access your @Mymail Email as well as the cloud based Microsoft applications. This includes tools like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and your OneDrive Storage.
- @MyMail Username: Your last name followed by first name initial (with a number if needed) followed by @mymail.Shawnee.edu. You will receive this information from admissions after you are accepted.
- @MyMail Password: Your initial password is the first three letters of your last name, all upper case, followed by your Student ID Number.
Name: Shawn E. Bear
You can find the login to your Office 365 Account on the Current Student Tab of the Shawnee State website or you can visit portal.office.com This is the same location where you just managed your Network account, so be sure you have LOGGED OFF of your network account before you try to setup your @MyMail Email account. You will be prompted to change your password on first login.
MySSU is Shawnee State’s student portal. The MySSU system is where you register for classes, view your grades, access financial aid, and receive official University communications. This account is created at the time you are accepted as a student.
- You will use the network account (firstname.lastname@example.org) you set up in step one to login to your MySSU account. If you are still logged into your email account on your web browser you will need to LOG OFF before you can access the MySSU system. Or use an incognito or private browser window
- Enter the network account in the username field, click continue and you will get the Microsoft single-sign-on screen where you will enter your network account and then the password.
Click the link below to open a new window and login to MySSU. When you are done close the window to come back here and move on to your next account.
To do: Let’s login to MySSU
Blackboard is a Web-based environment used to deliver on-line instruction.
It may also be incorporated into your traditional classroom courses to provide content, allow for electronic submission of assignments, give on-line exams, or post your grades.
- Please choose the link provided in the “Sign in with third-party account” drop down: blackboard.shawnee.edu and you will see the Microsoft login page where you should enter your Network account (email@example.com) information. If you are still logged into your Email account you will need to LOG OFF to access your Blackboard account or use an incognito or private browser window.
Your Blackboard account will be created after your course registration is processed. If you have already registered for classes, you can access your Blackboard account now. If you have not yet registered for classes, you can come back and login to your Blackboard account after you register. Please note, it can take up to 2 hours after you register for your account to be created.
Once your account is created, your classes will not show up inside Blackboard until your instructor unlocks them. Many instructors may not open the class until the day classes begin and they are ready for you to access the content.
Click the link below to open a new window and login to Blackboard.
To do: Let’s login to Blackboard