Each Shawnee State student receives access to several tools that require a username and password.
Today we will walk through logging in and setting up a password for each of these tools. If you have already accessed these accounts on your own, this is a good time to login to each one and make sure remember your username and password.
All of your accounts can be accessed from the Current Student Tab of the Shawnee State University website anytime you need them.
The first account you will need to gain access to is your MySSU account.
MySSU is Shawnee State’s student portal. The MySSU system is where you register for classes, view your grades, access financial aid, and receive official University communications. This account is created at the time you are accepted as a student.
- Your User Name is your SSU ID Number.
- Your initial password can be found in the letter you received from Admissions.
- You will find the username fields located on the top right corner of the page.
Click the link below to open a new window and login to MySSU. When you are done close the window to come back here and move on to your next account.
To do: Let’s login to MySSU
Blackboard is a Web-based environment used to deliver on-line instruction.
It may also be incorporated into your traditional classroom courses to provide content, allow for electronic submission of assignments, give on-line exams, or post your grades.
- Your MySSU login (SSU ID Number and Password from step 1 above) will also be used to access Blackboard.
Your Blackboard account will be created after your course registration is processed. If you have already registered for classes, you can access your Blackboard account now.
Click the link below to open a new window and login to Blackboard. When you are done close the window to come back here and move on to your next account.
Note: If you have not yet registered for classes, you can come back and login to your Blackboard account after you register.
To do: Let’s login to Blackboard
3. Shawnee Network Account
The next account you will want to setup is your Shawnee Network Account.
This account provides access to many things including the campus Wi-Fi, electronic library resources, on-campus computers and the SSU App.
- Network Username: Your last name followed by your first name initial and @shawnee.edu (If your last name and first name initial are already in use by someone else at SSU you may have a number in your username.)
- Network Password: Your initial password can be found by logging into MySSU and opening the Official Notification from Information Technology Services with the subject “Your SSU Account Information”.
Name: Shawn E. Bear
Password: See instructions in the Official Notification in MySSU
You must enable your account by changing the initial password BEFORE you can use the account to log into the SSU Mobile App.
Change Your Initial Password
4. @MyMail Email – Office365 Account
The final account you need to set up is your Shawnee @MyMail Email account.
For your email, SSU provides you with an Office 365 account. Office 365 is a Microsoft cloud account where you can access your @Mymail Email as well as the cloud based Microsoft applications. This includes tools like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and your OneDrive Storage.
- @MyMail Username: Your last name followed by first name initial (with a number if needed) followed by @mymail.Shawnee.edu
- @MyMail Password: Your initial password can be found by logging into MySSU and opening the Official Notification from Information Technology Services with the subject “Your SSU Account Information”.
Name: Shawn E. Bear
Password: See instructions in Official Notification in MySSU