Honors Program Highlights
How do I join the Honors Program?
The Shawnee State Honors Program is selective. New students who meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Enrolled or planning to enroll in a bachelor's degree program at Shawnee State
- Minimum ACT composite score of 26 or SAT combined score of 1240
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.5
- Completion of Honors Program application including an essay
The Appalachian Scholar at SSU
Honors and non-honors students can submit articles for publication in The Appalachian Scholar, a peer reviewed undergraduate journal.
Maintaining Honors Status
To remain in the Honors Program, participate fully in the program:
- Maintain good academic standing (GPA at least 3.3)
- Complete the required Honors Curriculum
- Attend the three Honors Symposia each year and present at one
- Engage in one experiential learning endeavor (practicum, fellowship, study abroad, etc) with reflection and feedback
- Participate in one Honors Co-currciular experience each semester (field trip, conference, special lecture)