The SSU Health Clinic will be an Ohio COVID-19 Vaccine Provider when vaccine doses are available.
We do not have vaccine doses at this time but will post here when we have a supply and are able to accept appointments.
Shawnee State is working closely with the Portsmouth City and Scioto County Health Departments to make vaccines available to priority populations, as determined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Ohio Department of Health.
We are also participating in the Scioto County Joint Information Center to share news and facts about the COVID-19 vaccine and its availability in the community.
The COVID-19 vaccine remains in short supply, not only in Ohio but across the country. It will take a number of weeks to distribute all of the vaccine given the limited doses available.
Who is eligible to receive the vaccine?
The following Ohioans will become eligible for COVID-19 vaccines during Phase 1B. This phase will also include a phased approach, with new eligible populations added weekly beginning the week of Jan. 19.
Phase 1B Eligible Populations:
- Adults 65 and Older: Any Ohioan, age 65 or older.
- Ohioans With Congenital or Developmental Disorders: Ohioans of any age with severe congenital, developmental, or early-onset medical disorders that make them particularly vulnerable.
- K-12 School Employees: Any adult employee of an Ohio K-12 school, such as teachers, administrators, bus drivers, and custodial staff, for schools planning in-person or hybrid learning effective March 1, 2021.
Phase 1B Timeline
Tentative dates to start vaccinating these Phase 1B populations are:
- Jan. 19, 2021: Ohioans 80 years of age and older.
- Jan. 25, 2021: Ohioans 75 years of age and older; those with severe congenital or developmental disorders as outlined above.
- Feb. 1, 2021: Ohioans 70 years of age and older; employees of K-12 schools that wish to remain or return to in-person or hybrid models.
- Feb. 8, 2021: Ohioans 65 years of age and older.
Who is next?
Ohio is approaching vaccine planning one phase at a time. Eligibility dates are available only for population groups in phases 1A and 1B. As supply increases, more populations will be offered the vaccine.
Resources with More Information
- Ohio Vaccine Provider Search
- Scioto County COVID-19 Information
- Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Phased Approach
- Scioto County COVID-19 Hotline: (740) 352-7020