Shawnee State University is proud to be a participant in the Ohio IP Promise.
Shawnee State joins the State of Ohio and other universities in the Ohio Intellectual Property Promise. We are committed to engaging with other organizations in forming innovative partnerships for the betterment of our communities. This commitment includes establishing an easy-to-understand process for licensing intellectual property developed by participating colleges and universities here in Ohio.
Guiding Principles of The Ohio IP Promise:
1. Flexible: provide industry choices for accessing intellectual property developed through sponsored research
2. Transparent: publish template sponsored research and license agreements
3. Simple: deliver fair and streamlined guidelines for faculty creator startups
4. Clear: communicate licensing processes on university websites in a clear, prominent way
5. Easy: provide well-defined university entry points for industry, investors, and entrepreneurs
6. Fast: reduce impediments that hinder the pace of transactions
Shawnee State University is committed to aligning with the guiding principles of The Ohio IP Promise:
· Flexible: Shawnee State University provides industry partners access to intellectual property developed through sponsored research options.
· Clear and Transparent: Shawnee State University is publishing template-sponsored research and license agreements that will promote greater engagement with industry.
Click here for copies of the templates for industry partners.
· Simple: Shawnee State University encourages faculty members through a collaborative effort to pursue commercialization of their efforts.
Click here for guidelines to faculty IP ownership and licensing.
· Easy: Industry, investors and entrepreneurs have access to Shawnee’s commercialization efforts through the University Tech Transfer Officer. E-mail inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
· Fast: Shawnee State University is committed to working together and building a framework to speed the pace of transactions.
Learn more about SSU's innovation initiatives with business and industry:
For more information contact Technology Transfer Officer Adam J. Miller, Assistant Professor and Chair, SSU Engineering Technologies: