Shawnee State advocates for students' rights.
The Office of Accessibility Services offers support and empowerment to students with disabilities as they embark on their academic and professional goals.
Request Academic Accommodations
- Request for a Note Taker or Digital Device
- Testing Accommodation Procedures
- Accommodation Service Areas
- Schedule a Testing Accommodation
Apply for Accessibility Services
Request Non-Academic Accommodations
- ADA National Network
- Association on Higher Education and Disability
- Autism Speaks
- Great Lakes ADA Center
- Information and Technical Assistance
- Job Accommodation Network
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- The Center for Universal Design
- U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights
- Procedure 5.01:6 - Accommodations for Students with Disabilities (PDF)
- Accommodation Testing Proctor Form
- Accessibility Services Faculty and Adjunct Handbook 2018-2019 (PDF)
- University ADA Statement for Course Syllabi (PDF)
- Blackboard Accessibility - Compliant Word & PDF Documents (PDF)
- Sample Syllabus (PDF)
The Grievance Process
Any Shawnee State University student who believes that they have been subjected to discrimination on the basis of disability or has been denied access or accommodations required by law shall have the right to invoke this grievance process.
Our grievance process addresses concerns based upon disagreements or denials regarding disability designation and status, denial of requested accommodations, auxiliary aids or services, claims of inaccessibility of a college program, activity or facility, and alleged harassment or discrimination on the basis of a disability.