Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to Registered Nurse (RN)
SSU is offering Advanced Placement into our ADN pathway for LPNs.
LPNs may receive advanced placement into the second semester of the Nursing Associate Degree program by successful completion (grade of "C" or better) of the following courses:
- AHNR 1197 Transition to Registered Nursing
- BIOL 1130 Principles of Anatomy & Physiology
- PSYC 1101 Introduction to Psychology
Criteria for Admission
- You must posses a valid, active, non-restricted LPN license.
- If you have earned less than 20 hours of college credit, you must have a composite score of 22 and 18 or above in all other sections of the ACT. If you do not have the required ACT score, you may demonstrate college readiness by retaking the ACT and obtaining required the scores, or by completing placement testing.
Want to learn more? Contact the Department of Nursing Secretary, Stacey McWharter at (740) 351-3210 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Go ahead and apply for admission as well. It's quick and easy to get started and our admission counselors can help you along the way!