Autumn 2022 Scholarships Available
Apply to receive a $1500 scholarship up to full-tuition when you apply and are accepted into SSU's Nursing program Autumn 2022.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to Registered Nurse (RN)
SSU is offering Advanced Placement into our ADN pathway for LPNs.
LPNs may receive advanced placement into the second semester of the Nursing Associate Degree program by successful completion (grade of "C" or better) of the following courses:
- AHNR 1197 Transition to Registered Nursing
- BIOL 1130 Principles of Anatomy & Physiology
- PSYC 1101 Introduction to Psychology
Criteria for Admission
- Official high school or GED test score transcript (along with partial high school transcript), and official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Official transcript from LPN Program
- Achieve an SSU English Placement score or transfer credit equivalent in ENGL 1101 or 1201 and an SSU Math Placement score or transfer credit equivalent in STAT 1150 or 1150A
- Grade C or greater in AHNR 1197, BIOL 1130, and PSYC 1101
- Possess a valid, active, non-restricted LPN license
Want to learn more? Contact the Department of Nursing Secretary, Stacey McWharter at (740) 351-3210 or email@example.com .
Go ahead and apply for admission as well. It's quick and easy to get started and our admission counselors can help you along the way!