Thursday, August 17
- New Student Move-In (Freshman and Transfers)
- Move-In appointments from 9 am–3 pm
Friday, August 18
- Returning Student Move-In (Sophomore, Juniors, and Seniors)
- Move-In-in appointments from 9 am–3 pm
Saturday, August 19 & Sunday, August 20
- Late Arrivals
- 11 am–3 pm
Move-In Time Slots
You will schedule your move-in appointment through the Housing Tab of MySSU. Please plan to arrive and check in during your selected time slot. If you are still waiting for an assignment, please be patient as we work through the room assignment process. We have plenty of Move-In time slots to choose from and guarantee a time to accommodate your travel schedule.
Please check your SSU email regularly for updates to these procedures. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime if you have questions or concerns.
What should I pack?
Here is our recommended what-to-pack list!
- What to Pack (PDF)
What do I do when I get to campus?
Once on campus, you will head to the University Center's upper parking lot. There will be signage pointing you in the right direction, and you can look at the map to get an idea (yellow-bordered area). Once there, you will drive up to one of our Welcome Ambassadors (they will be under tents). Let them know what room you are in, and they will tell you where to go next! If you do not know what room you are in, please look at the section below.
How to check your room:
You will need to know what your room is so we can point you in the right direction during move-in!
- Login to MySSU
(If you have issues logging into MySSU, you can use the IT Service Get Help Form to request assistance)
- Go to the housing tab
- You will see a section called Roommate and Housemate Details
*Your meal plan, assignment, and housemates will be visible on this page.
- SSU Resident Handbook (PDF) - Guides and regulations that apply to all housing students.
- What to Bring Packing List (PDF) - Recommended items to bring for housing!
- Parking Permit – Request a parking pass before moving in and pick it up once you are here on campus.
- Student Code of Conduct – This document provides detailed descriptions of behaviors that violate our expectations and that would result in a conduct review and possible disciplinary action.