Shawnee State University offers several selective health science programs. The first step for applying to a selective health science program is applying to SSU. If you’re already an SSU student, you’re done with step 1! The second step is to ensure all of your updated high school and college transcripts are on file at SSU in addition to placement scores like the ACT.
Next, apply to your desired program using the online health science application. Depending on the program, you may be required to upload certain documents. After you apply to the program, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You are notified of acceptance or denial from the program 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
Be sure to review checklists and websites for application information and also meet with your academic advisor. Got more questions about your program of interest? Contact the program director to learn about clinical placements, admission, career outcomes, and more!
- Application deadline for Dental Hygiene is March 1
- If accepted, program begins in fall semester
- Job shadowing recommended, but not required for 2020-2021 application season (12 hours of observation in two different settings)
- If you completed job shadowing, submit Student Observation Form (PDF)
- Applicants are permitted to repeat a college-level biology or chemistry course one time in a three-year period
- Minimum ACT score of 18 in Scientific Reasoning
- Grade of “C” or higher in College or high school algebra, biology, chemistry