Shawnee State has an outstanding degree in geology, designed for students seeking careers in earth science, environmental science, or entry into graduate programs in geology or environmental science.
More About the BS Natural Sciences Geology Concentration
At Shawnee State, faculty get to know our geology majors as individuals, and are able to mentor them—be it with regard to coursework, research opportunities, or career guidance—throughout their college careers.
- Two faculty members with Ph.D.'s in Geology.
- Undergraduate research opportunities every semester.
- Upper-division classes are small, with class sizes typically around 10 students.
- SSU's location allows us to incorporate field based instruction into most of our courses.
- Frequent field trips and extended field courses so that students get firsthand exposure to Geology outside our immediate region.
- A teaching licensure option is available with our BS Natural Sciences degree
- Graduates have been admitted to graduate, medical, and pharmacy schools at: The Ohio State University, Ohio University, and the University of Cincinnati.
- We have an active geology club that invites speakers to campus, gets involved in our community, and organizes social activities.
SSU's BS Natural Sciences, Geology Concentration
Shawnee State designed its geology program with a core curriculum (closely modeled after the American Institute of Professional Geologists recommendations) which is enhanced through elective courses, field experiences, and research opportunities. This balance maintains a unique, field-oriented curriculum of which few programs of similar size can boast.
If you have any questions about our geology program, feel free to drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org