To be considered for admission to the Radiologic Technology Program, the following items must be received in the Admissions Office by February 1:
- Application to Shawnee State University
- Health Science Application
- Official High School Transcript
Official GED Score Transcript and Partial H.S. Transcript
- Official College Transcripts
- Proof of High School Algebra and Biology with “C” or above
- ACT Score with “18” or above in Science Reasoning
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
Due to Covid-19 restrictions impact on healthcare facilities reducing opportunities for student applicants to complete observation hours, the RT program has made the decision to remove the requirement for observation hours this spring. Students will not be eliminated from eligibility if they are unable to obtain any observation hours.
Admission to the Radiologic Technology Program at Shawnee State University is on a selective basis. All applicants are ranked using objective criteria checklist (PDF). The program does not use a waiting list.
If you have questions regarding these requirements, please contact the Health Sciences Administrative Assistant at (740) 351-3236.