Network Account Tools - Service Notice
We are sorry for the inconvenience but the password change and reset tools are being transitioned to a new system and are not currently available. The new password reset and change tools will be available Fall 2020.
If you need immediate assistance with your network account or need access to SSU Library services over the summer, please contact IT Service at ITService@shawnee.edu. When contacting IT service, please include network account details, Name, phone number, and email address.
Register for Password Reset – BEFORE You Forget Your Password!
Once you have successfully completed this quick, one-time enrollment process for each account below you may reset your passwords on-line from on or off-campus, when needed. If you do not register for these features you will need to visit the Help Desk in person with a photo ID to reset your passwords.
New Password Reset Process Coming for Fall 2020
We are sorry for any inconvenience but if you need immediate assistance with your network account or need access to SSU Library services over the summer, please contact IT Service at ITService@shawnee.edu. When contacting IT service, please include network account details, Name, phone number, and email address.
Again, thanks for your patience as these services are transitioned.
This account is used to access SSU’s Web Portal for students, faculty and staff. The MySSU account also provides integrated logon for Blackboard and uses the Student/Staff ID number that can be found on your SSU ID card.
MySSU Password Reset - Registration
- Visit MySSU at https://myssu.shawnee.edu/
- Once successfully logged into MySSU, click on Personal Info (next to your name).
- The MyInfo window will appear. Now click on Password.
- Near the bottom of the MyInfo – Manage Password window click on Password Hint.
- Provide the required information and click Save.
- You will now be able to make use of the password self-service reset feature for MySSU.
MySSU Password - Reset
Once you have registered for the password reset feature, if you forget your password for MySSU, it can be reset by completing the steps below.
- Attempt to log into MySSU -- if the wrong password is used you will have the option to have a new password generated and then emailed to you.
- Select Password Hint on the next screen to have the new password emailed to you.
For more detailed information on your MySSU account please visit www.shawnee.edu/its
Student Email Account
The SSU @MyMail account provides access to student email hosted by Microsoft and managed by Shawnee State University. Microsoft has made recent changes that have modified their password reset options. If you have problems with your student email account please stop by the IT Service Desk, Library 118 or by sending an email to ITService@shawnee.edu.
Please note: Student email is a service hosted by Microsoft©. Menu options are subject to change. SSU will notify you of changes in advance whenever possible.