Shawnee State University welcomes students from all cultures. International students may apply for admission to Shawnee State University by:
- Completing the International Application for Admission.
- Submitting final transcript(s) from high school and college.
- Providing documents demonstrating that you have the financial resources to support yourself for one year at Shawnee State University.
- Providing proof of an official score of 500 (paper-based), 170 (computer-based), or 60 (internet-based), at a minimum, on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 5.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or 80 on the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) is required for admission to a degree program for students whose native language is not English. TOEFL can send your scores directly to SSU. For TOEFL to do so it will need our code. Shawnee State University’s code is 1790.
- Submitting a $50.00 non-refundable application fee in U.S. dollars.
Please mail all documents to CIPA, Shawnee State University, 940 Second Street, Portsmouth, OH 45662.
As the International Student Admission Coordinator in the Office of Admission, James Farmer will be responsible for receiving your application information and producing the required International documents.
Shawnee State University is committed to helping you excel in your college coursework and to ensure that you are successful in your college experience. The Center for International Programs and Activities (CIPA) offers many services to our current international students and is actively engaged in helping future students come to SSU. The Student Success Center will also assist you with many academic and social activities.
If you have questions regarding International Student admission processes, or Shawnee State University, please send any questions or requests to email@example.com or call (740) 351-4778 today.