Intake Screening Process
How to Request Academic Accommodations
- Student schedules to meet with the Coordinator of Accessibility Services through online appointment scheduling (Calendly).
- Student will complete necessary intake paperwork on the day of the appointment prior to meeting with coordinator.
- Student brings approved documentation for intake process at first meeting with Coordinator. Approved documentation includes the following:
- Last IEP/504 plan from high school
- Recent psychological evaluation
- Letter from physician documenting disability (date of diagnosis, severity
- and current treatment)
- The Coordinator of Accessibility Services reviews the documentation and determines eligibility according to guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The Coordinator of Accessibility Services provides student and instructors with an approved accommodation letter sent through secure e-mail at the beginning of the semester.
- Student should meet with their instructors during the first couple of weeks of classes by stopping in during the instructor’s office hours.
Michelle Patrick M.Ed., LPCC
Coordinator, Accessibility Services
Hatcher Hall Room 107