The Nurse Education Assistance Loan Program (NEALP) provides up to $1,500 per year for up to four years to qualifying Ohio applicants enrolled in an approved Ohio pre-licensure nurse education program for at least half-time study (or accepted for enrollment). In exchange, to qualify for loan cancellation, recipients must be employed full-time as a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse in the State of Ohio for a minimum of five years after graduation.
An applicant must:
- Be an Ohio resident
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- Be accepted for enrollment in or be enrolled for at least half-time study in an Ohio Board of Nursing approved pre-licensure nursing education program which leads to licensure as a practical nurse or a registered nurse; or be accepted for enrollment in or be enrolled for at least half-time study in an Ohio post-licensure nursing education program. These programs include: LPN to RN; RN to BSN or MSN; Nursing Doctorate; MSN or MS with a major in Nursing; PhD in Nursing or DNSc.
- Show evidence of an intent to engage in the practice of nursing in the State of Ohio after graduation
- Not be in default or owe a refund to any Federal Financial Aid program
- Maintain an academic record which places the student in good academic standing with the institution
How to Apply:
For more information or questions regarding student loans, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (740) 351-4357.