Important resources for conducting assessment in your program
If you’re new to assessment or looking for some support, one important resource you should definitely make use of is the Office of Assessment and Accreditation.
We can assist in all phases of the assessment process: developing learning goals, designing an assessment plan, implementing your plan, analyzing your data, and most importantly: using your assessment data to improve student outcomes and to advocate for your program.
☐ Set up a consultation
Email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’d be happy to arrange a consultation with you and your faculty and/or staff.
Forms & Documents
- Board Policy on Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)
- Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes Procedure (PDF)
- Board Policy on Academic Program Review (PDF)
- Program Review Sample Template (PDF)
- Annual Assessment Report Template [Pending Governance Approval]
- Assessment Plan Feedback Rubric [Pending Governance Approval]
Other Assessment Resources
Other resources you might consider include the following:
- Barbara Walvoord’s (2010) Assessment Plain and Simple. A copy of the most recent edition is available for checkout in the Clark Memorial Library and copies have also been shared with all department chairs.
- Linda Suskie’s (2018) Assessing Student Learning: A Common Sense Guide. A copy of this text is also available for checkout in the Clark Memorial library.
- AAUP VALUE Rubrics. The Association of American Colleges and Universities developed a series of rubrics for learning across the curriculum. These are particularly helpful for General Education assessment.
- The Assessment and Accreditation Committee also assists faculty and provides feedback on learning outcomes, assessment plans, and curriculum maps. A copy of the rubric they use to review such documents will be available soon.
- The University of Hawai’i at Mānoa’s Assessment and Curriculum development office developed a list of common misconceptions and realities about assessment.
- Handouts available soon (flyers on developing learning outcomes and designing and using rubrics are in the works—if you have a topic you’d like to suggest, please send us an email).
- Bank of Rubrics and Assessment Materials (available soon)