Academic Concerns

You should seek to resolve a grievance concerning a grade or academic practice by speaking first with the instructor or professor and then, if necessary, with the department chair, then the college dean, and then the provost, in that order.

If you are unable to resolve the problem to your satisfaction and you wish to make an official complaint, make a written statement about your problem and the steps you have already taken to try to resolve it. Include any documentation, email, or letters that help to explain your problem.

An official complaint against a member of the University's faculty bargaining unit, the Shawnee Education Association (SEA), is handled under the complaint procedure in the current negotiated labor agreement between the SEA and the University.

Academic Resources and Policies

Contact Information

The Office of the Provost
Massie Hall Room 124

Shawnee State University
940 Second Street
Portsmouth, OH 45662

Phone: (740) 351-3472
Fax: (740) 351-3501

Page maintained by Marketing and Communications.