How do you qualify for
- Apply and enroll to Shawnee State, indicating Computer Engineering Technology or Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing (CADD) as your major.
- Live in Ohio. Choose Ohio First scholarships are funded in part through a grant from the Ohio Department of Higher Education and are intended to help meet workforce needs in disadvantaged Ohio populations. Special consideration will be given to applicants from the five most economically disadvantaged counties in our region: Scioto, Lawrence, Adams, Pike and Jackson counties.
- Meet the academic qualifications for one of our merit-based scholarships. Those with a minimum of 3.2 GPA and an ACT composite score of at least 21 – with English, math and reading sub scores of at least 18, or SAT score of at least 980 – with Math sub score of 510 and Verbal 460. Or, talk to an admission associate about alternate placement testing.
- Complete the Choose Ohio First Scholarship Application. Applicants are asked to tell us how they plan to use their degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does the Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program at Shawnee State work?
The Ohio Department of Higher Education has awarded Shawnee State University with funding to to be used for direct student scholarships to encourage students from economically disadvantaged regions of Ohio and from underrepresented groups to earn a degree in Computer Engineering Technology. This is part of Ohio's initiative to increase the number of degrees in STEM-related fields. Shawnee State also has Choose Ohio First scholarship programs specific to game design, nursing, occupational therapy, and information security majors.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
- Application to attend Shawnee State University
If I meet all qualifications, will I automatically receive the scholarship?
No. Awards will be made to qualified selected applicants on a first-come, first-served basis while funding is available. You will be asked to commit to Shawnee State by a certain date so we ensure that all funding will be used.
What is the value of the scholarship?
Awards valued at $1500 up to full-tuition will be made with a possible combination of Choose Ohio First grant funding, institutional funds, and SSU Development Foundation scholarship funding. Awarded scholarships are renewable for up to four years, provided recipients maintain a 3.0 GPA, earn 27 credit hours per academic year and continue working toward a degree in information security.
Scholarships are funded by Choose Ohio First, a scholarship program funded by the Ohio Department of Higher Education to significantly strengthen Ohio’s competitiveness within STEM disciplines while recruiting underrepresented student groups into innovative academic programs at Ohio universities.
Contact Us with Questions:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about the Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program. An Admission Associate will work with you – and connect you with the resources you need to launch your successful career in information security.