Request to be a Tutor or Supplemental Instruction Leader
To be a tutor, students must have:
- earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0, and a minimum session GPA of 2.5.
- earned a grade of B or higher in each course that you tutor. Up to 3 different subject areas can be tutored each semester, and the subject you are tutoring in must have been taken within two years of tutoring. Tutors work a minimum of 5 hours per week but will not exceed 16 hours in a week.
- completed a successful "open" interview during the first week of classes.
- completed tutor training and necessary HR paperwork.
- ability to keep a brief session log of each tutoring session.
Tutors must attend all scheduled tutoring sessions but can cancel with at least two hour notice due to illness or emergency. (Maximum cancellation-3x per semester).