Students placed on Academic Suspension/Dismissal from the University for failure to meet academic progress may appeal this action by preparing a typed, well-written narrative explaining their circumstances and detailing the specific actions they will take to improve their academic performance.
The Appeal Process
To appeal for academic reinstatement, complete the following form and return it to the Student Business Center along with any documentation that may support your case.
Documentation may include, but is not limited to:
- Student Letter explaining desired outcome (required)
- Documentation of circumstance (if any)
- Medical Records/Report (must include specific treatment dates)
- Police Records (must include date of incident)
- Military Orders (including date of deployment)
- Obituary or Funeral Program
- Support Letter
If you have questions, contact the Student Business Center: email@example.com or (740) 351-4734.
Academic Appeals Committee
The Academic Appeals Committee is the final arbiter in the academic appeals process and the decision of the committee is final.
- Dean of Arts and Sciences
- Dean of Professional Studies
- Dean of University College
- Dean of Students
- Two Department Chairpersons from the College of Arts and Sciences
- Two Department Chairpersons from the College of Professional Studies
- Representative for the Office of Disability Services
- Representative for the Student Success Center
- Associate Registrar