These programs are part of the TVI and HI Consortia.
- Learn to Teach Students With Visual or Hearing Impairments
- Tuition Support Available
- Online Coursework
Get started today!
Fill out the following form to request more information about the program:
Are you a licensed Ohio teacher or Intervention Specialist looking to expand your competencies?
Equip yourself to better meet the needs of diverse learners and increase your professional marketability by adding the Intervention Specialist: Visual Impairment license to your credentials through the Ohio TVI Consortium Program.
Provided by the Ohio Department of Education, Office for Exceptional Children.
All program coursework is delivered online using a common curriculum, allowing participants to remain where they already live and work while completing the program. Field work and Practicum components are face to face.
Aligned with Ohio Priorities
The TVI Consortium is made possible with the support of the Ohio Department of Education, Ohio Deans Compact.
Download the brochure
How to Apply
We are accepting applications for Summer 2022. Application deadline is February 1, 2022.
The TVI IS:VI program is a selective admission program and acceptance is not guaranteed. Students will be notified of acceptance by mid-April.
- Complete an Application for Graduate Admission
- Evidence of a B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited institution.
- Evidence of an overall GPA of 2.75 or greater
- Copy of teaching license
- Two letters of reference from educational or professional sources
- Personal statement including professional goals (1-2 pages)
What to include in your personal statement:
- Provide a brief description of your educational background.
- Provide a brief description of your current employment.
- Explain your experience of working with an individual with visual impairment.
- Provide reasons why you believe that you would be an excellent candidate for the TVI Consortium Program.
- Explain what your end goal or what you hope to gain from the TVI Consortium Program.
All application requirement documents should be sent to:
Shawnee State University
940 2nd Street
Portsmouth, OH 45662
For questions about admission, please contact:
Graduate School Administrator
This program is coordinated by Shawnee State University with support from the Ohio Deans Compact
TVI Consortium Member Institutions
- Shawnee State University (lead)
- Bowling Green State University
- Youngstown State University
- Rio Grande University
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University