Get Paid for Learning Experiences
- Are you performing a work study assignment on campus that aligns with your current major and you would like to work more hours each week?
- Are you doing clinical rotations, student teaching, off-campus internships, or other work-based learning experiences this semester?
- Did you have to quit your job in order to fulfill your academic field experience requirements?
If you answered yes to any of these questions and you are eligible to receive federal work study funding, you may be eligible to apply for assistance through the Federal Work Study (FWS) Experiment.
In addition, students are limited to being paid for 29 hours per week. However, there may be exceptions to this which will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
How to apply:
- If you haven’t already, you will need to activate your free Handshake account. View activation instructions.
- Select “Career Center” at top right.
- Select “Experiences.”
- Select “Request an Experience.”
- For Experience Type, select “Federal Work Study Experiment—Spring 2022.”
- All salary information must be included. Complete the questions and submit, and you will be notified by email if you are approved or not.
If you have questions, contact Nikki Neal, Director of Financial Aid, at (740) 351-3140 or by email at email@example.com. For questions about registration, contact Angie Duduit, Director of Workforce Development, at (740) 351-3322 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.