Need a Success Coach?
Free Success Coaching available for All SSU Students
You do not have to be a poor performing student to need coaching. Everyone needs extra help from time-to-time.
Success Coach services are free and available to all currently registered students, including College Credit Plus students.
Your Success Coach will contact you through your Shawnee MyMail. They may also call or text you based on your preference.
Please have available your class syllabi the first meeting with your Success Coach so they can make a copy of each syllabus. Also bring any additional materials that will aid in the Success Coaching session, such as, assignment outlines provided by your instructor. It will also be helpful to have access to blackboard if meeting with your coach remotely.
Differences between a Success Coach and an Advisor
- Will help students with choosing classes and filling graduation requirements.
- Can help you understand the university academic policy.
- Can assist students with taking a leave of absence or withdrawing from the university.
- Can answer any questions or concerns you have about your major.
- Will help students to navigate the academic plan.
- Can help address skills to navigate the college lifestyle better.
- Can address time management and balancing commitments.
- Can connect you with resources available to you on campus.
Need help right now?
Click the link below to Speak to a Success Coach virtually
Available Monday–Friday from 1–7 pm (Starting on January 4th until the end of the semester on April 30th)