Occupational Therapy Bachelor's to Master's 3+2
This specialty 3+2 degree offers an accelerated baccalaureate degree in the study of health and occupation. Upon successful completion in three years, you will be admitted into the Master of Occupational Therapy program. This program will allow a student to complete the requirements for an undergraduate degree while transitioning into the Master of Occupational Therapy program (MOT).
The 3+2 degree is a selective program and acceptance is not guaranteed.
Prerequisites For Bachelor’s to Master’s 3+2 Program
- Minimum 3.5 High School GPA
- ACT score of 26 or greater (cumulative)
- High School College Prep track
- Maintain 3.2 or higher GPA while in 3+2 Program
To apply to the BSOT 3+2 program, please follow the following steps:
- Apply through the Occupational Therapy Central Application System (OTCAS)
- Be sure to select the Bachelor's to Master's 3+2 program
- Shawnee State University Supplemental Application(s)
- If you have never attended Shawnee State University, complete undergraduate application: SSU APP
- Also, complete Graduate application (PDF) and submit along with $30 non-refundable graduate application fee to:
Shawnee State University
940 2nd Street
Portsmouth, OH 45662
Rolling admissions: applications are currently being accepted for Fall 2019!
- 3 letters of reference uploaded to OTCAS
Two letters should be from a teacher and/or work supervisor; one should be from a person (non-relative) who can provide a character reference.
- Personal Essay via OTCAS
Essay should clearly and effectively convey your goals, what Occupational Therapy means to you, and why you chose Occupational Therapy. Please adhere to proper writing standards, such as correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- 20 volunteer hours with a licensed Occupational Therapist. Volunteer evaluation form(s) must be completed by OTR/L and submitted to Shawnee State University at the above address. 20 additional hours will be completed prior to entry into the graduate portion of the program.
Volunteer Evaluation Form (PDF)
Graduate Center Administrator