Microsoft License Agreement
Shawnee State University, in conjunction with the Inter-University Council (IUC) of Ohio, has signed a Microsoft Volume Licensing Enrollment for Education Solution (EES) subscription.
This license agreement offers students the most economical access to key Microsoft products on campus. The following are benefits of the Microsoft Agreement:
- Provides access to widely used Microsoft desktop software for faculty, staff and students. The Apple platform is included in the Desktop Suite as available.
- Allows access to the latest versions for all software products covered in the agreement.
- Allows for Home Use Rights for the desktop software used by faculty and staff, to complete work-related tasks at home.
- Provides the framework for compatibility for Microsoft desktop support across the University by providing access to the latest versions.
You must be a student, faculty or staff currently affiliated with Shawnee State University. Microsoft has strict requirements for verification and tracking of software licenses issued through this subscription.
Students must be currently enrolled in at least one class that when completed, will result in the awarding of credit hours verifiable through the Office of the Registrar. Enrollment in a previous quarter does not authorize you to purchase the software.
Faculty and Staff:
You must be currently employed by Shawnee State University. If you are the primary user of the software licensed in the Campus Agreement on your computer at work, you may use the products on your home computer for SSU business as long as you are currently affiliated with SSU, until the subscription expires or not renewed.
Who is not eligible?
Any individual not described as a student, faculty, or staff is not permitted to purchase/install the software. For example, the following people are not eligible:
- Anyone enrolled exclusively in noncredit courses;
- Conference attendees;
- Retired faculty or staff;
- Parents, spouses, or siblings of current SSU students;
- Companies and their employees, who have been hired by SSU on a contractual basis for services on campus or off campus.
If you have questions about eligibility, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 351-3538.
To download Office 2016 students, faculty, & staff will need to log into Office 365 and click on the “Install Office” icon. This will walk individuals through the downloading and installation process.
If you do not have the “Install Office” icon link please contact the IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
For support, visit Microsoft’s Online Support page. This support is available at no cost.