The Behavioral Health Paraprofessional Training Program at Shawnee State University gives you the fastest entry into the addiction treatment field. The majority of the program is provided free of charge, thanks to a grant funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Training prepares you for credentialing as:
Chemical Dependency Counseling Assistant
Qualified Behavioral Health Specialist
Peer Recovery Supporter
13-Credit Hour Courses:
|Core Content||3 credits|
|Substance Abuse||3 credits|
|Intro to Psychology||3 credits|
|Internship/Field Experience (60 hours)||1 credit|
How much tuition support can I receive?
- Up to $3,200 in tuition/fees for full-time students
- Up to $1,700 in tuition/fees for part-time students
- Additional tuition assistance may be available through CAO Workforce Solutions for those who qualify
How do I qualify?
- Desire to work in behavioral health
- Submit a background check with no disqualifying convictions (State & Federal)
- For those in recovery, demonstrate a minimum one year of stable recovery