SSU-Microsoft License Agreement Overview
Shawnee State University, in conjunction with the Inter-University Council (IUC) of Ohio, has entered into a Campuswide and Student Select with Microsoft Corporation. This contract is a three year agreement that will be renewed at the end of each contract.
This license agreement offers students the most economical access to key Microsoft products on campus. The following are benefits of the Microsoft Agreement:
- Provides access to widely used Microsoft desktop software for faculty, staff and students. The Macintosh platforms is included in the Desktop Suite as available.
- Provides an opportunity to work with software that might otherwise be
- Allows access to the latest versions for all software products covered in the
- Home Use rights is allowed for the desktop software by faculty and staff, but
for SSU business purposes only.
- The agreement provides the framework for compatibility for Microsoft desktop
support across the university by providing access to the latest versions.
This should lead to streamlined university-wide computing support needs as a
result of this standardization.
- The terms of the agreement also allow all participating universities to
eliminate forecasts targets for product volumes on the Microsoft Select
agreement for each year of the Campus Agreement.