There are two easy ways to register:
|Before October 10th||After October 10th|
*Non-members can join APS at the same time they register and save $20 on the registration fee. See the Pre-Registration form for details.
On-site registration is available for the meeting. Banquet tickets must be bought by Oct. 10.
Instructions for oral presentations
- The session assignments are now available in the Meeting Bulletin (see link on the side navigation menu).
- Talks are 10 minutes long + 2 for questions.
- Talks should be in Powerpoint or PDF and be loaded onto a USB drive. Give them to the session moderator before the session.
- Special arrangements (such as videos or other software to display) should be made with the session moderator before the session begins.
Our invited speakers are:
- Scott Gaudi, Ohio State University
- Ivan Horvath, University of Kentucky
- Allen Janis, University of Pittsburgh
- Alexandru Maries, University of Pittsburgh
Student Travel Reimbursement
Students: You can have your travel reimbursed by the OS-APS, using this form. Details are in the form.
Local Organizing Committee:
- Tim Hamilton
- Jim Simmons
- Jerry Ross
- Kyle Vick
- Robert Mendris
The conference hotel is:
711 Second St.
Portsmouth, OH 45662
Use reservation block code "APS," and mention the American Physical Society.
Other hotels in the area:
5100 Old Scioto Trail
The conference hotel is adjacent to campus and within walking distance of the meeting location. Other hotels are driving distance away.
Extra banquet tickets and the after-dinner speaker
The after-dinner speaker is open to the public, with or without banquet tickets.
A *limited* number of banquet tickets are still available to purchase, on a first-come, first-served basis. Email Tim Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be put on the waiting list. Payment can then be made on-site at the registration table, credit card or check.
Campus directions: http://www.shawnee.edu/information/directions.aspx
Campus map: http://www.shawnee.edu/media/ssu-campus-map.pdf