The mission of Student Support Services as a federal TRiO program is to encourage and assist people who are traditionally under-represented in post-secondary education because of income, family educational background, disability, or in the preparation for, and completion of a post-secondary education.
To accomplish this mission, the TRiO program must:
- Serve as advocate for success in higher education
- Provide services to assist individuals to achieve their educational goals
- Facilitate the educational development of individuals served
- Provide an environment that recognized the diversity of backgrounds and learning styles of the individuals served
- Develop collaborative relationships with campus and surrounding communities to promote and environment conducive to the completion of a post-secondary education
The TRIO program must incorporate student learning and student development in its mission. The TRIO program must enhance overall educational experiences. The TRIO program must develop record, disseminate, implement and regularly review its mission and goals. Mission statements must be consistent with the mission and goals of the institution and with the standards in this document. The TRIO programs must operate as an integral part of Shawnee State University’s overall mission.
Your Past Is Not Your Potential!