The SSU TLC exists to
- Promote the value of higher education to the community and region
- Support advanced effective teaching
- Improve student proficiency levels in basic knowledge and skills needed for success in the 21st century, such as oral and written communication mathematics, and computer skills.
- Create a “culture of planning” to guide decisions about possible changes in academic programs and services.
- Sustain academic and student services supporting technical, career-oriented, and professional programs.
- Improve graduation and completion rates of students significantly.
- Improve institutional procedures through organizational change and continuous attention to student needs and human resource development.
- Enhance internal and external communication.
- Build a more vital campus life by involving faculty in more activities that support professional growth.
Specific TLC Goals
- Foster excellence in teaching and learning
- Provide resources and educational experiences on an ongoing basis to faculty and staff
- Stimulate research and scholarship about teaching and learning at SSU
- Align development and training needs explicitly with student learning and/or satisfaction
- Increase collaboration and collegiality among faculty and staff
- Provide leadership in the use of innovative technology as a resource for teaching and learning
- Assess the ongoing needs of faculty and staff, in terms of career enhancement as consistent with the Shawnee State University mission or strategic plan
For More Information
Associate Professor, English and Humanities firstname.lastname@example.org