Accepted Forms of Payment
Students: To make an online payment on your student account, login to your MYSSU, click on "Student" tab, click on Billing Information, then click on "Go to CASHNet".
The Office of the Bursar accepts the following types of payment:
- eCheck (available online only): No service fee is charged for this option. You will need to provide your bank's
routing number and checking or savings account number. If you have any questions regarding
the correct numbers to use, please contact your financial institution. Do NOT use
the numbers on your Debit Card. Dishonored (returned) ACH payments are charged a $50
- Credit Card (available online only): A service fee of 2.75% is added to the total payment. This is a fee charged by our
payment processor, Shawnee State University does not receive this additional fee.
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Diner's Club are accepted.
- Personal Check, Cashier's Check, or Money Order (available by mail or in person): Payments should be made to the order of Shawnee State University. Dishonored (returned)
checks are charged a $50 service fee. Please include your Shawnee student ID# in
the memo line of the payment.
- Cash (available in person only)
- International Payments: International student's needing to pay from their home country can do so, utilizing Flywire by Peer Transfer. To make a payment, click here
By Mail: Student Business Center
940 Second Street
Portsmouth, OH 45662
In Person: University Center, 2nd floor Student Business Center
Monday - Thursday; 8:00am to 4:30pm
Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
Shawnee State does not accept payments for your tuition account over the phone. We apologize for the inconvenience.