Campus Will Upgrade Call Center Operations on October 9th, 2015
UIS is working to deploy Cisco's Unified Collaboration (UC) platform for its integration of real-time services such as instant messaging (chat), presence information, IP telephony, video conferencing, data sharing and call control, with non-real-time communication services such as unified messaging (integrated voicemail, e-mail, SMS and fax).
As part of this effort, the campus will transition its campus main telephone operation services to Cisco's IP telephony and Call Attendant services. The student business areas will be upgraded to Cisco's Call Center services, and the entire campus will operate with new and improved call flows into the campus.
UIS will complete installation of the following core Cisco Collaboration components for Unified Communications:
- New Cisco software platforms will now operate in Receiving for main operations, and
the University Center for student business areas:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Processing)
- Cisco Unity Connection (Voicemail)
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (Contact Center)
- Cisco Call Attendant for Main Console