Register Your Gaming Device
Follow these steps to connect your Gaming Device to the SSU network
- For an approved gaming device to function on the Residential Network, the Participant must first register their Media Access Control (MAC) address with UIS.
- Please refer to your gaming device manufacturer’s documentation for instructions on how to locate your device’s MAC address. If applicable, you may wish to submit both the wired and wireless MAC addresses.
- After you click the link below you will need to enter your network account username and password in the pop-up box, and then click “Log In”. Your network account username is your last name + first initial with possibly a number after it. (ex. jonesj4). If you don’t know your username and password, or if it won’t accept your login, visit the On-line Password Service at http://myid.shawnee.edu.
- Click here to register your console’s MAC address(es).
- Once you’ve submitted the form online, your gaming device will be granted permission to access the internet. This process may take up to two business days.
- While most approved gaming devices have a wireless network card, UIS encourages using the wired connection for the approved gaming devices (where appropriate). As a special note due to numerous conflicts with the current wireless technology in the Nintendo Wii, owners of a Nintendo Wii must purchase a Nintendo Wii LAN Adapter.