Microsoft License Agreement
Shawnee State University, in conjunction with the Inter-University Council (IUC) of Ohio, has signed a Microsoft Volume Licensing Enrollment for Education Solution (EES) subscription.
This license agreement offers students the most economical access to key Microsoft products on campus. The following are benefits of the Microsoft Agreement:
- Provides access to widely used Microsoft desktop software for faculty, staff and students. The Macintosh platform is included in the Desktop Suite as available.
- Provides an affordable opportunity to work with software used by professors in class instruction.
- Allows access to the latest versions for all software products covered in the agreement.
- Allows for Home Use Rights for the desktop software used by faculty and staff, to complete work-related tasks at home.
- Provides the framework for compatibility for Microsoft desktop support across the University by providing access to the latest versions.
You must be a student, faculty or staff currently affiliated with Shawnee State University. Microsoft has strict requirements for verification and tracking of software licenses issued through this subscription.
Students must be currently enrolled in at least one class that when completed, will result in the awarding of credit hours verifiable through the Office of the Registrar. To purchase the software visit the Shawnee WebStore by logging into your MySSU account and on the MyInfo and go to the portlet titled “SSU Software Purchase.” You must be enrolled at SSU the time you purchase the software. Enrollment in a previous quarter does not authorize you to purchase the software.
Faculty and Staff:
You must be currently employed by Shawnee State University. If you are the primary user of the software licensed in the Campus Agreement on your computer at work, you may use the products on your home computer for SSU business as long as you are currently affiliated with SSU, or until the subscription expires and not renewed. To obtain a copy of the software visit the Shawnee WebStore by logging into your MySSU account and on the MyInfo tab go to the portlet titled “SSU Software Purchase.”
Who is not eligible?
Any individual not described as a student, faculty, or staff is not permitted to purchase/install the software. For example, the following people are not eligible:
- Anyone enrolled exclusively in noncredit courses;
- Conference attendees;
- Retired faculty or staff;
- Parents, spouses, or siblings of current SSU students;
- Companies and their employees, who have been hired by SSU on a contractual basis for services on campus or off campus.
If you have questions about eligibility, please contact the UIS Help Desk at 351-3538.
Shawnee State offers eligible students the ability to purchase Microsoft Office and Windows through our Microsoft EES Student Option. Shawnee State has partnered with Kivuto Solutions to provide a webstore for students to purchase and download the eligible Microsoft products.
Through this partnership students will receive 24/7 access to the web store. Here you can purchase and download the available products when you need them.
The webstore also offers significant discounts. Current titles and pricing include:
- Microsoft Office 2010 -- $40.00
- Microsoft Office 2011 -- $40.00
- Microsoft Windows 7 -- $40.00
Faculty and Staff will also obtain the software for Work-At-Home Rights through the webstore.
To visit the Shawnee webstore please log into your MySSU account and on the MyInfo tab go to the portlet titled “SSU Software Purchase”
If you have any questions or encounter errors with the verification process please contact the Help Desk at 351-3538 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information describes the software included in the current Microsoft subscription.
Microsoft Office 2010 Professional System Requirements
The Office 2010 Professional version includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- 500 megahertz processor or higher
- Windows 7; Windows Vista (SP1); Windows XP (SP3)
- 256 megabyte of RAM or 512 MB Recommended for graphics feature
- 3 gigabyte available disk space
- DirectX 9.0c graphics card with 64MB or more of video memory
Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Professional System Requirements
The Office for Mac 2011 Professional version includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Intel Processor only
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- 1GB of RAM or more
- 2.5GB of available disk space
Windows 7 Enterprise Upgrade Licenses
System Requirements for Windows XP Pro Upgrade License:
- 1 Gigahertz or faster processor
- 2 Gigs of RAM
- 20 GB available hard disk space
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
If you have questions about your order, download & installation, error messages or other questions about accessing the software that is part of the current agreement please visit the Help section of the WebStore hosted by Kivuto Solutions. To visit the Shawnee WebStore please log into your MySSU account and on the MyInfo tab you will see a portlet titled “SSU Software Purchase”
Kivuto Solutions also offers free technical support for any issues you may encounter. You may call 1-888-396-1447 with any questions.
UIS Technicians can provide limited support for issues with downloading and installing the software from Shawnee’s WebStore hosted by Kivuto Solutions.
Microsoft Online Support
For support, visit Microsoft’s Online Support page. This support is available at no cost.