General Education Program

Transfer Students

Please Note : If you are transferring to SSU from another university (a "transfer-in" student), please contact the Office of Admission at (740) 351-3221  or the Student Success Center at (740) 351-3594.

If you are going to transfer from SSU to another state university in Ohio, (a "transfer-out" student), complete the Transfer Module at

For more information, visit Ohio Higher Ed at

For more information about transferring general education credits from SSU to another institution, e-mail the Registrar Jennifer Hammonds (740) 351-4734 or the Director of General Education, Phil Blau, Ph.D. (740) 351-3443.

General Education Program

Contact Information

Michael Barnhart, Director

Phone: (740) 351-3212

Vern Riffe Center for the Arts
Shawnee State University
940 Second Street
Portsmouth, OH 45662

Page maintained by Marketing and Communications.