Bioinformatics involves the use of high performance computing to analyze massive amounts of biological and medical data.
- Must be Ohio residents
- Intend to pursue a career in Bioinformatics
- Write an essay indicating how they intend to use their education to pursue a career in Bioinformatics
- High school class rank in the upper 20% of his/her graduating class OR have a minimum ACT score of 25 or SAT score of 1150
- Mathematics, Science, or Computer Engineering Technology majors
- 3.0 GPA or higher in his/her major field of study
The scholarship is valued at $4,700 for the academic year and is non-renewable.