If an individual is required to file a 2013 IRS income tax return and has been granted a filing extension by the IRS, provide the following documents:
- A copy of IRS Form 4868, ‘‘Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return,’’ that was filed with the IRS for tax year 2013;
- A copy of the IRS's approval of an extension beyond the automatic six-month extension if the individual requested an additional extension of the filing time for tax year 2013; and
- A copy of IRS Form W–2 for each source of employment income received for tax year 2013 and, if self-employed, a signed statement certifying the amount of the individual’s Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) and the U.S. income tax paid for tax year 2013.
If an individual filed an amended IRS income tax return for tax year 2013, provide both of the following:
- A signed copy of the original 2013 IRS income tax return that was filed with the IRS or a 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript or the 2013 tax year; and
- A signed copy of the 2013 IRS Form 1040X, “Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return,” that was filed with the IRS.
- A victim of IRS identity theft who is not able to obtain a 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript or use the IRS DRT must contact the IRS at 1-800-908-4490. Upon authentication of the tax filer’s identity, the IRS will provide, by U.S. Postal Service, a printout of the tax filer’s 2013 IRS income tax return information.
- An individual filed or will file a 2013 income tax return with Puerto Rico, another U.S. territory (e.g., Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Northern Marianas Islands), or with a foreign country, must provide a signed copy of that 2013 income tax return(s).