For students who receive extended time on in class quizzes and examinations and/or limited distraction testing environment, the Office of Disability Services has the following testing procedures:
1. All exams must be in the Success Center ready for the ADA student to take their exam at the regular scheduled class time. Please allow a 24 hour window for testing to ensure that the student will have their extended time that does not conflict with their class schedule.
2. Faculty will come to the counter in the Student Success Center in Massie Hall and ask for a testing envelope. That envelope will require student and faculty name, class name, as well as any other instructions the faculty has. Faculty must check box for disability accommodations at top of envelope.
3. Faculty will complete the information on the outside of the envelope, and then place the exam inside the envelope and seal it. It should then be given to the workers behind the counter who will lock the test in the testing cabinet.
4. The student who has been granted the accommodations will show up at the Student Success Center, within the days and times given by the instructor.
5. The student will show ID and will leave all materials behind the counter.
6. The student will then go into the Disability Office testing room to take the exam.
7. When the student is finished she will return the exam to the counter, where it will be returned to the testing envelope to be picked up by the faculty at their convenience.
Please note that the testing room is monitored with a closed circuit camera system. Any questions or concerns with this process, please contact either of the disability coordinators for assistance.