Intake Screening Process
1. Student schedules to meet with a Coordinator of Disability Services via phone or e-mail.
2. Student will complete an Application for Services and bring form to their scheduled
appointment or orientation day.
3. Student brings approved documentation for intake process at first meeting with
Coordinator. Approved documentation includes the following:
- Last IEP/504 plan from high school
- Recent psychological evaluation
- Letter from physician documenting disability with the following included:
A diagnostic statement identifying the disability (with the date of diagnosis).
Severity of the disorder (mild/moderate/severe).
Medication or treatment currently prescribed.
4. A Coordinator of Disability Services reviews the documentation and determines eligibility
according to guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
5. A Coordinator of Disability Services provides student with approved accommodation
after intake meeting for each enrolled course.
6. Student is required to obtain approved accommodation letters for each enrolled
every semester, preferably prior to the beginning of the semester or within the first week of