Shawnee State University offers a variety of majors and minors that provide the proper tools, coursework, and experiences you need when preparing for your career. With so many possibilities when applying your major to the real world, it can be difficult to choose the right job. Click the links below to explore what you can do with your major.
Career pathways associated with Ohio "In Demand" jobs.
Fine, Digital, & Performing Arts
Broad Overview: Designing, producing, exhibiting, performing, writing, and publishing multimedia content including visual and performing arts and design, journalism, and entertainment services.
- Entertainment industry business work
- Talent agent/management
- Film and theater production/directing
- Dance performance and choreography
- Film, television and theater acting
- Music performance and composition
- Multimedia Artists and Animation
- Graphic Design
- Art Education
- Craftsman (pottery, painting, textiles, fashion design, interior design, etc.)
Broad Overview: Planning, organizing, directing and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations.
- Accountant and Auditor
- Financial or Budget Analyst/Examiners
- Market Research Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Human Resources/Labor Relations
- Information Systems
- Purchasing Manager/Buyer/Agent
- Insurance Underwriters
- Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate
Broad Overview: Sketching, drawing, planning, testing, modifying, inspecting, repairing, and assisting with various tasks relating to specific engineering fields.
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- Computer Engineer
- Digital Simulation and Gaming
- Electromechanical Engineering
- Environmental Engineer Technician
- Plastics Engineer
English and Humanities
Broad Overview: Editing, teaching, and communicating aspects of writing/literature, society, and culture.
- Technical Writer
- Communications/ Public Relations Specialist
- School Educator (English or Foreign Language)
Allied Health Sciences
Broad Overview: Planning, managing, and providing therapeutic services, diagnostic services, health informatics, support services, and biotechnology research and development.
- Respiratory Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Dental Hygiene
- Emergency Medical Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Health Educator
Broad Overview: Analyzing, problem-solving, developing, and applying mathematical concepts and theories.
- School Educator
- Actuarial Science
- Operations Research Analyst
- Computer Science
Broad Overview: Analyzing, developing, and applying concepts and theories related to biology, chemistry, physics, and geology.
- College/University Faculty member/Adjunct Professor
- Marine Biologist
- Laboratory Technician
- Research Scientist
Broad Overview: Assisting, documenting/recording, and performing various health-related, personal, and medical-emergency tasks.
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Case Manager
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nursing Informatics Analyst
Rehabilitation and Sport Professions
Broad Overview: Assisting, planning, documenting/recording, and performing various health-related, personal, and therapeutic tasks.
- Athletic Trainer
- Physical Therapy and Physical Therapy Assistant
- Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Exercise Physiologist
- Speech Therapy
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Sports Management
Broad Overview: Assisting, planning, documenting/recording, and performing various tasks relating to society and social behavior of groups, cultures, organizations, social institutions, and processes.
- School Educator
- Clinical or School Psychologist
- Urban and Regional Planner
- Social Worker
- Survey Researcher
Broad Overview: Teaching/communicating and preparing students in learning basic/fundamental skills related to broad and/or specific subjects.
- Early Childhood Education
- Special Education
- High School Education
- Intermediate/Middle School Educator
- Buzzfile allows you to search Employers by State and by Major.
- O*Net provides detailed descriptions of various careers in addition to information regarding education, salary, job outlook, etc.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics provides occupational information for careers including education, salary, job outlook, etc.