The Student Career Development (SCD) staff assists current students and alumni in the following areas:
- Major and Career Exploration
- Establishing and Implementing a Career Development Plan
- Professional Skill Building (interviewing, networking, and more!)
- Internship, Job and Graduate School Search
- Resume and Cover Letter Development
- Free Resume Printing Services
- Comparing and Accepting Job Offers
Peer Career is an extension of the Student Career and Community Engagement office. Our team is dedicated to helping students at Shawnee State University achieve their long term professional goals. We are here to assist with major and career exploration, resume preparation, interview preparation and MORE!
To learn more about Peer Career, call (740) 351-3027 or visit us in Administration Building 036.
Student Career Development regularly gathers and reports on data about how we are helping students succeed.
Did you know?
- 92% of the students who visited the Student Career Development Office would recommend it to a friend/classmate.
- As a result of students' experience with the Student Career Development Office, 95% feel more confident about taking control of their own career path.
- 96% of the students who visited the Student Career Development Office or attended a presentation said that the staff member was knowledgeable about the topic presented/discussed
- 97% of the students who visited the Student Career Development Office were satisfied with the assistance they received.
- 67% of the students who received career development assistance in the last 12 months came back a second time.
- 96% of the students who visited the Student Career Development Office said that the information they received helped them accomplish their goals.