The following employers have registered to attend Jobapalooza 2016!
This list will continue to be updated as employers register.
- 21st Mortgage Corp.
- Accurate Heating & Cooling
- Applied Medical
- Area Agency on Aging District 7
- Cincinnati Process Technologies
- Department of Rehabilitation & Corrections
- EG Industries
- Elizabeth's Hope Pregnancy Resources
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Geo-Tech Polymers LLC
- Glockner Enterprises
- Goodwill Industries of Southern Ohio, Inc.
- Heartland of Portsmouth
- Holzer Health System
- Initial Independence Inc.
- Interim HealthCare
- Jackson County Broadcasting
- Krauss Maffei
- Lawrence-Scioto Solid Waste Mgmt
- Make It Plain Consulting
- Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital
- NextGen Climate
- Ohio Department of Transportation D9
- Papa John's
- Pike County Partnership Against Domestic Violence
- Piketon Nursing Center
- Port City Cafe and Pub
- Richard Allen Schools
- Schmidt Family Restaurant Group
- Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Southern Ohio Medical Center
- SSU, Dept. of Math Sciences
- STAR Inc.
- The Counseling Center
- The Potter's House Ministries, Inc.
- Unity 1 Home HealthCare
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Western Southern Financial Group
Follow this link to find more information on the companies attending Jobapalooza 2016, in a printable format.
How do I prepare for Jobapalooza?
Research is the key to a successful job search. Stand out from the crowd by picking up job fair prep materials in advance. Attending one of the "Preparing for Jobapalooza" workshops is also beneficial. Dates and times are as follows:
Wednesday, August 24th from 9-10 am, 10-11 am, 12-1 pm & 6:30-7:30 pm
Thursday, August 25th from 5-6 pm
Tuesday, September 6th from 10-11 am
What do I wear?
Business casual is required. Keep in mind, however, "business casual" does not indicate "classroom casual". Organizations say first impressions count, so give some thought to what you wear.
There are so many organizations present. Where do I begin?
- Develop your personal two minute commercial: a brief overview of you, your background and career interests. Hi, my name is ___ and I noticed that you are recruiting for ___ type of opportunities. I am interested in this position for these reasons.
- Get familiar with the layout: take a moment to review the database of employers and the floor map found in your packet.
- When you are ready, look for the organizations on your list. Introduce yourself with a smile and a handshake and begin your commercial.
- If you are feeling nervous or need a break, stop by the Student Career Development table and we can help you practice or provide self confidence talks.
What should I bring to Jobapalooza?
Bring copies of your resume, portfolio (if you have one), pen and notebook. Bring additional resumes to present to each employer. You will present yourself as a prepared job seeker should the employer request a resume.
To learn more contact Student Career Development at (740) 351-3027 or Careers@shawnee.edu.