The following employers have registered to attend Jobapalooza 2015!
This list will continue to be updated as employers register.
- 1st Stop Inc
- Accurate Heating & Cooling
- Adena Health System
- AK Steel
- American Red Cross
- Area Agency on Aging 7
- BridgePort Advance 360
- Community Action Organization
- Century 21 Empire Reality, SE
- Department of Rehab & Correction
- Digital Works
- Edgewood Manor of Lucasville Campus
- Elizabeth's Hope Pregnancy Resources
- Federal Correctional Institute
- Gestamp WV
- Goodwill Industries of Southern Ohio, Inc.
- Green Triangle Garden Club
- Heartland of Portsmouth
- Holzer Health System
- Home Helpers
- Lawrence Scioto County Solid Waste Management
- Lowe's Home Improvement
- Main Street Portsmouth
- Mended Reeds Services
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- Ohio State Highway Patrol
- Operation Christmas Child
- OSU South Centers
- Pike County Partnership Against Domestic Violence
- Portsmouth Plugged In
- Reliable Staffing Services
- Salvation Army
- Schmidt Family Restaurant Group
- Scioto County Board of DD
- Scioto County Health Coalition
- Scioto Trails
- Shawnee State Park
- Shawnee State University, Admission Office
- Shawnee State University, Human Resources
- Shawnee State University, VRCFA
- Southern Ohio Medical Center
- South Central Ohio Educational Service Center
- Spectrum Outreach Services
- St Mary's Parish
- Stanley Electric US
- The Intern Group
- The Mill Tavern
- Time Out for Me, Inc
- Total Quality Logistics
- Tractor Supply Company
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Vinton County National Bank
- Wastren Advantage, Inc
- YEI Corporation
More information on the companies attending Jobapalooza 2015
How do I prepare for Jobapalooza?
Research is the key to a successful job search. Stand out from the crowd by picking up job fair prep materials in advance. Attending one of the "Preparing for Jobapalooza" workshops August 26th & 27th from 11 am. to 6:30 pm in UC214 is also beneficial.
What do I wear?
Business casual is required. Keep in mind, however, "business casual" does not indicate "classroom casual." Organizations say first impressions count, so give some thought to what you wear.
There are so many organizations present. Where do I begin?
- Develop your personal two minute commercial: a brief overview of you, your background and career interests. Hi, my name is ___ and I noticed that you are recruiting for ___ type of opportunities. I am interested in this position for these reasons.
- Get familiar with the layout: take a moment to review the database of employers and the floor map found in your packet.
- When you are ready, look for the organizations on your list. Introduce yourself with a smile and a handshake and begin your commercial.
- If you are feeling nervous or need a break, stop by the Student Career Development table and we can help you practice or provide self confidence talks.
What should I bring to Jobapalooza?
Bring copies of your resume, portfolio (if you have one), pen and notebook. Bring additional resumes to present to each employer. You will present yourself as a prepared job seeker should the employer request a resume.
To learn more contact Student Career Development at (740) 351-3027 or Careers@shawnee.edu.